Help with Garmin Ledgend HCX

press the QUIT/PAGE key until you get to the Main Menu. Use the ENTER/ROCKER key and rocker over to "Find". Press the ENTER/ROCKER key to select "Find". Use the ENTER/ROCKER key and rocker over to "Geocache". Press the ENTER/ROCKER key to select "Geocache". You will see a list of the nearby geocaches you have loaded in the unit. Press the ENTER/ROCKER key to select a geocache and then select "Go To". You should now have a Go To arrow on the compass screen.

I'm new to Garmin. I've used Magellan. Once I have downloaded my geocaches, how do I navigate to find them. All I get is a blank compass that doesn't tell me which way to go. Can someone post good instructions on how I can use this?

After you've highlighted the geocache icon on your map and pressed down (enter) on your toggle button, enter again on the goto button. This will bring up the blank compass you mentioned. You will actually need to start moving for the compass to work and point you in the correct location to move to. The compass is not automatic on this model so everytime you stop for a minute, the compass will stop also. Moving slowly sometimes makes the compass act erractically until you start walking/driving again. Sometimes this can get a bit frustrating when you're in a location that doesn't allow you to walk at a normal pace as it appears the compass is not functioning correctly. Get some practice in an open area where you can move around in different directions to see how the compass acts until you're a bit more used to the gps. Hope this helps.

After you've highlighted the geocache icon on your map and pressed down (enter) on your toggle button, enter again on the goto button.

Watch out doing it this way as it's easy to move the cache waypoint by accident.

Are you sure about that? I just tried it on my Legend HCx and found it impossible (at least for me) to move the geocache icon on the map. Tried it a number of times holding down the enter button over a cache icon and then moving the toggle stick in different directions. Stayed exactly where it was supposed to, even pressed enter on the cache icon and the co-ordinates are still exactly as it should be. Not saying that it can't be done, but I sure couldn't get the icon to move. :)

Yes, it can be done, but I think only from the Waypoint page, if you click on the Map there. Clicking the waypoint on the map, with enable "Move."

The best way to get a "Go To" is to click the Geocache icon on the "Find" page. Then, click on the Waypoint you want to look for. From that page, click "Go To."

You can Delete or Add pages to make using the GPS unit more efficient. I only have the Find, Compass, and Map pages. Any other ones I need only occasionally, I get to from the Menu button.

After you've highlighted the geocache icon on your map and pressed down (enter) on your toggle button, enter again on the goto button.

Watch out doing it this way as it's easy to move the cache waypoint by accident.

Are you sure about that? I just tried it on my Legend HCx and found it impossible (at least for me) to move the geocache icon on the map. Tried it a number of times holding down the enter button over a cache icon and then moving the toggle stick in different directions. Stayed exactly where it was supposed to, even pressed enter on the cache icon and the co-ordinates are still exactly as it should be. Not saying that it can't be done, but I sure couldn't get the icon to move. :)

Very sure, it depends on what maps you have. If you just have TOPO 2008 active, clicking on the waypoint may just give you a "move" under it.