Garmin 60CSx default track name question

Obviously I can edit the track name when I am saving it, but I am wondering if it is possible to change the default naming scheme.

I would like them to have the same style of name that it gives the .gpx files that it saves to the card. That is YYYYMMDD. The reason for this is that the track names get sorted properly. As it stands now then names are DD-MMM-YYYY, and so get sorted by the day of the month. Not terribly useful.

I made the exact same suggestion to Garmin a few years ago when I had an eTrex Vista. The reply I got said I had a good idea and it would be passed along to the software development department. I have yet to see it happen and I still manually rename my track logs in my 60CSx.

I sent them another suggestion recently:

Subject: Suggestion

Message Body: Just passing along a suggestion. On the GPSMAP 60CSx, or any other applicable model, the backlight cannot be turned off in the "USB Mass Storage" mode. Downloads can typically take over an hour and there isn't a need to keep the screen backlit all this time. My suggestion; make the backlight timeout.

Here is the reply:

Thank you for contacting Garmin International. I will pass this information along to our suggestions group.

Maybe this one will go through.

Just submitted my suggestion to them as well. Should be easy enough!

I made the exact same suggestion to Garmin a few years ago when I had an eTrex Vista. The reply I got said I had a good idea and it would be passed along to the software development department. I have yet to see it happen and I still manually rename my track logs in my 60CSx.