Bookmark Option

rblackburn

Is there a simple way to bookmark all of the caches displayed on a page? Then it would be easy to create a pocket query for the area you are viewing. It seems to me that this would be a very powerful way of narrowing the area you want to send to a GPX file.

Thoughts?

You can do the same sort of thing already in a Pocket Query.

Just keep refining the query (without selecting a day for it to run) and using the preview function to get to the page (or so) of caches you want and then click on a day for it to run.

I have done that, it just seems very repetitive. When I can see it on the screen. There is a link to "Create Pocket Query" from the map view, but even it didn't work as I had hoped. I laid out a screen with the caches I wanted to download and clickd the create pocket query link. The screen showed 370ish caches, when I previewed the pocket query, it maxed out at 500. When I viewed it on a map, it was larger than the original area. I was just thinking that if I could click a button to create/add current caches to a bookmark list, then create query of the bookmark, it would do what i was expecting in the create pocket query button.

The page has the list of caches (displayed on right), I was just thinking dump them into a bookmark list would be an easy/useful tool.

You can do the same sort of thing already in a Pocket Query.

Just keep refining the query (without selecting a day for it to run) and using the preview function to get to the page (or so) of caches you want and then click on a day for it to run.

That's only useful if the page of caches you are looking at are able to be generated with a PQ to start with. If I'm looking at, say, all of the caches hidden by a certain user, it would be nice to be able to easily create a bookmark of them (and then to possibly create a PQ based on the bookmark). Since filtering on "hidden by" isn't available from the PQ page, you can't get or refine such a list from there.