My wife's geocoin idea

ECplus3

My wife wants one! or more.

I thought it should look like a battery. But the design is AWESOME.

lol

That's a great idea! Assuming this one gets made, maybe the Geocaching Widow, v2 will be the battery. It could be a Geocaching Widower too.

I may be getting ahead of myself though. I've already got one coin in the works, so the GW v1 is just an idea at the moment.

Don't know if you've seen them before, but there was a battery shaped geocoin minted a couple of years ago.

dscn3249na9.jpg

Thanks for the comments! Side two is going to be a bit harder to do. I know exactly what I want, but I'm not that great an artist. Its a little harder when you can't just trace something! :huh:

Also, if anyone with knowledge of geocoin design is lurking, could you let me know if the artwork for the front is too detailed for a 1.5" coin.

Any news of progress on this project ?

My current coin project has taken so long (and is still not ready for production!) that I've shelved this one for now. If my current coin is a big hit and I recoup the costs, then this one may be a Christmas project. If it has to come out of pocket, it'll probably have to wait until next Spring.

If I win the lotto, this one and a whole lot more will be ready for Fall :)

I was talking with my wife the other day about all the upcoming events in our area, and which ones I'd like to go to. She jokingly (I think) referred to herself as a geocaching widow, and then said 'somebody ought to make a coin for us!'

She even came up with a catchy motto... but I don't know if Groundspeak would approve it. :lol:

"Geocaching widow: my spare batteries aren't for my GPS!"

For the front I envision a version of the painting 'American Gothic'. Instead of the farmer there is just a white cutout with a yellow post-it stuck to it saying "gone 'caching". The farmer's wife is rolling her eyes. I don't know what to put on the back yet (besides the motto).

I had the coin design for the Geocaching Widow approved in March, my version of the coin should be out in Oct this year, here is the links to the pix

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cupload.aspx?id=776758

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cupload.aspx?id=776758

Keep the motto, and go non-trackable. My most recent Personal coin would never have been approved by GC if they had seen it.

Eartha, there's nothing wrong with having a dirty mind....if you keep the correct company.

Having just received a Shop99er Blue Shirt v4 in the mail this week, I can attest to the power of the non-trackable, I about died from hysterical laughter when I saw the reverse side! :rolleyes:

So, if TPTB won't approve the original "saucy" text, go for a non-trackable, and throw in a couple batteries with each order! ;)

Of course...The target audience wouldn't care about tracking anyway, as they don't geocache??