Player Release 04/16/08

OpinioNate

Build 2.0.5016.3851

Instructions:

1. Copy cab file to the pocket pc
  2. Click on the cab file on the pocket pc to install

The following fixes have been made in the current release:

• Object moved to nil was still showing on the detail screen after a message box. a move object to nil is the same
  • Added support for Units settings to Statute or Metric for distance values from the Settings screen (Units tab)
  • Map of zones (same zones that show in the locations list). The map shows the zones that are on the locations list. The map is Track Up and shows an arrow that points to north. The map allows for showing/hiding of zone names. Zoom is supported at Zoom Levels(ft): 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 5280, 7920, 10560. Accuracy circle based on Gps accuracy and accuracy level display in statute or metric. Zoom level is shown in statute or metric

Thanks for any feedback!

Edited by OpinioNate

Absolutely love the map display! A good step in the right direction. Helps a lot when dealing with multiple zones. Might we see in the future the ability for the Wherigo player to access whatever maps are on the device to use underneath this new zone map? That would be really nice!!

Thanks for the improvements.

Edited by Tydirium
Might we see in the future the ability for the Wherigo player to access whatever maps are on the device to use underneath this new zone map? That would be really nice!!

I'd venture a "no". If the Wherigo project reaches its goal, it should be on devices that don't have access to maps. The PDA is one example. However, when compiling the cartridge, perhaps it would be possible to grab some map data from somewhere online so that the map could serve as a background to the screen with the highlighted zones. If that would be possible, perhaps you'd see something in a later version. But using the device's maps? I doubt it.

And speaking of the player release, I wonder when Garmin will release THAT update? Garmin seems to be slow to release anything.

I'm very happy whit the metric-settings, but...

... my cartridges still doesn't work with this new Player-version. Ik hope that one of the developers can look at it please!

Earlier I wrote this:

(This bulletin has been translated with Babel Fish. My excuses for possible errors)

My 'Wherigo Cache'-cartridge works very well under the player of 7 March. After installation of the player of 4 April the first location is no longer reflected (moreover I have never tried the version of 27 March). Fortunately I had still kept the version of 4 March. I offer this now with a link in the description of the geocache page.

I hope of course that my cartridge can be also always played on the newest version of the player.

In de emulator of newest version of the builder (27 March) the same problem appears. In the emulator of 7 March the cartidge works very well.

My cartridge: Bunnikse Dorpscache

My divice: HTC TyTN II.

I'm very happy whit the metric-settings, but...

... my cartridges still doesn't work with this new Player-version. Ik hope that one of the developers can look at it please!

Earlier I wrote this:

(This bulletin has been translated with Babel Fish. My excuses for possible errors)

My 'Wherigo Cache'-cartridge works very well under the player of 7 March. After installation of the player of 4 April the first location is no longer reflected (moreover I have never tried the version of 27 March). Fortunately I had still kept the version of 4 March. I offer this now with a link in the description of the geocache page.

I hope of course that my cartridge can be also always played on the newest version of the player.

In de emulator of newest version of the builder (27 March) the same problem appears. In the emulator of 7 March the cartidge works very well.

My cartridge: Bunnikse Dorpscache

My divice: HTC TyTN II.

What's changed in the version from the 4th on is when zones show up in the list or not. I know there is some discussion about this in past forums entries. That could be it.

David

I just fixed the cartridge with a tip op Bosscout. The values of distange range and proximity range where very strange in my old cartridge. This strange values were automaticly genereted in the older version of the builder. I think that this older builder not suport de metric-settings.

Now I have set al this ranges on -1 and everything works great!