How to revert to older firmware?

gallet

I've done a google search and a forum search with no luck yet. The Garmin site appears to have only the current firmware. I was hoping to revert from 3.60/3.00 (60CSx) to an earlier version.

I did a Google of gpsinformation firmware, then got this:

http://www.gpsinformation.org/perry/

Closer to what we need: > http://www.gpsinformation.org/perry/gps60

I may need to knock down my firmware to before whatever happened in December, if I remember and started having my troubles then.

EDIT: Fixed second link.

ADDED in: > I had just given my 60CSx for her vacation, and until I see her again, then I would then be able to fix the issue with the 60CSx, because, it was actually a good performer when I bought it last September.

Edited by GOT GPS?

Hi Thanks for that, I had already found that website but I could not locate the firmware you linked to. I substituted 70 for 60, in the link hoping it would take me to a similar page of firmware for the 76, but it didn't.

Now I need to decide which firmware to downgrade to.

edit: OK found the 76CSx, it was listed under 7_x series whereas the 60CSx is listed under gps60/

Edited by gallet

I'm not sure if the firmware is causing my problem but it is looking likely seeing as the problem is repeatable on a 60 and 76 (which use the same firmware) but not on an HCx using the same map software.

Screen fadeout when searching for Find>Cities >> Find by Name

Edited by gallet

I have 3.50 still on my computer,its 2.02 meg..but I have not had any oroblems and so have not tried to revert my unit back to see if it will work or not.What kind of problems are you having?

Well I thought it was a unit problem at first. When searching for Find>Cities it finds the closest towns which is fine, however if I then press the Menu and select Find by Name, then the screen goes into searching mode for 20-30 seconds and then fade out and needs to be switched on.

However I have repeated this exactly on another 76 and another 60, so I must conclude that it is Firmware. The Maps are CN AUS and the problem may be specific to the maps. I know the map itself is fine because the situation does not happen on my Vista. On the Vista when I select Find by Name, it works normally with a list beginning with 100 Mile House BC.

Here's a screenshot

fade494.jpg

Thanks for checking that, I've been on to Garmin and I've been struggling with the crappy Mapinstall software (works occassionally) to try out various map combinations and it appears that the problem is being caused by a some other non garmin maps. Specifically, Shonky Logic Topo Maps for Australia. Not 100% sure yet.