Input doesn't work well on my Colorado 300

TOSY

I'm working on a new cartridge with input dialog. It works well on Emulator, but it doesn't work well on my Colorado.

When I input a string "ABC" and push "Done" button, I found only "B" letter instead of "ABC"

Furthermore, I found some strange character in main screen.

Does someone has similar experience?

For my Colorado 300,

Player version: 2.51

Wherigo Engine version: 2.11

I attached 4 files.

1. 246.jpg: item screen shot

2. 253.jpg: main screen shot

3. TestInput1.lua: Simplified lua file. I also found this error using this lua file.

4. TestInputString.gwl: log file when I played the above lua file.

- Time range between Apr. 12 8:10-8:11: log worked on Colorado

--> I found strange character in it.

- Time range between Apr. 12 8:16-8:17: log worked on Emulator

--> Works good

TestInputString.zip

Hi,

I tested this on our Colorado 400t running:

Firmware: 2.51

Player version: 2.51

Wherigo Engine version: 2.11

I have attached my results as well as an updated code.

Running your original code, I saw that it worked fine in the emulator as well. Then when I tried it on my Colorado, I got the same result as you. I would get to the image "Original 1" and input my answer, but then didn't really have a way to get out of the screen except canceling, so I would see the same "Original 1" Then I would see "Original 2" when I went to look at the item. If I went back to the main screen and then to the item again I would get "Original 3" and if I clicked on the item I would get "Original 4".

My thoughts are that there is not an automatic exit from the input screen on the Colorado and this must confuse the software for some reason. So I added one extra line to your Input code, displaying the Item screen to the user. This worked on the emulator as well as the Colorado. I got the images "Changed 1" and "Changed 2" using the same input as you, and I also tried something different, and got "Changed 3" and "Changed 4" which returned the correct input. I have used this same input many times and it has worked fine every time, but I always had some other action moving the user away from the input screen.

I'm not sure what goes wrong, but just try moving the user away from the input screen once they have put in the data.

Hope this helps,

Kevan

Colorado_400t.zip