broken geko wanted?

if anyone has a Garmin Geko with a dead GPS but working display, I'd love to take it off your hands for postage, or any other similar unit with a 0.92" x 1.44" (2.3 x 3.7 cm), 64 x 100 pixels B&W display...

I cracked the display on mine, and its not worth $59 to have Garmin fix it, but if I can get a scrounge unit, I can transplant the display (I've already taken mine apart and determined this is eminently feasible).

Honestly i would just go get a new GPS probably a yellow Garmin Etrex they are inexpensive but much better then the Gecko or go for a Etrex Legend I first used that when I started caching and loved it. Just my opinion. BTW if you want to get rid of your Gecko, if you get a new GPS, Im looking for old and broken GPS send me a message and ill pay shipping to get it off your hands.

Honestly i would just go get a new GPS probably a yellow Garmin Etrex they are inexpensive but much better then the Gecko or go for a Etrex Legend I first used that when I started caching and loved it. Just my opinion. BTW if you want to get rid of your Gecko, if you get a new GPS, Im looking for old and broken GPS send me a message and ill pay shipping to get it off your hands.

heh. Actually, I've acquired a used Etrex Vista the day after I broke the Geko... but its really not any more sensitive or accurate than the Geko 201 (which I broke the screen on). Its got more features, and more memory and a bigger screen (and often takes more clicks to navigate through all those features).

so, I dunno, but I think I'll hang in there and see if I can find another geko with a good display but busticated brain, and try my transplant...