Help?

Looking to getting into geocaching, theres a few within a couple of miles of me (north surrey way) im going to go an have a crack with the old map and compass when i get a good day off work.

Im also looking at getting myself a GPS unit, im a relatively serious hiker, so im after something that will do OS maps or similar for me.

Im quite strapped for cash, so ive been looking at an eTrex legend, and for the maps the only thing i can find is Memory Map, is there anything else out there on par, with OS maps or similar?

Seems that Memory Map is quite a bit of money...

Cheers,

James

Although we put a map package onto our GPS, we still prefer the good old OS map which can always be found for free at your local library. And of course you can always print off the relevant bit of map from the cache page with a handy little arrow pointing to the location.

We even have some caching friends who haven't got a GPS - mind you there find rate isn't great! :unsure:

, and for the maps the only thing i can find is Memory Map, is there anything else out there on par, with OS maps or similar?

If you are looking for mapping to run on the GPS, forget memory map which is for PC / PPC use. AFAIK, and I am not an expert the only mapping that will run on the legend is Topo. There are many recent threads on this forum on the subject. Just search for Topo

Edited by Just Roger