GSAK Question

dvogelgesang

Hello,

I've decided to give paperless caching a try, and I have a question about GSAK. What I'd like to do is:

- Use GSAK to load and sort through my pocket queries, and keep track of my finds

- Each time I go geocaching, export gpx with only the waypoints I want to look for that session

- Use my iPaq GPSr with Cachemate (or GPS Tuner) to hunt for a day's worth of caches.

The problem is, when I go to export the gpx file from GSAK, I can't find a way to only export a couple of waypoints. It seems to want to export the whole database. I've tried playing with the user flags, but that doesn't seem to get what I want. My iPaq isn't seen by GSAK as a valid "Send to GPS" device either, hence the gpx export option.

Is there a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks for helping a newb!

:unsure:

personally, I always have my whole data base on my Palm, and only a select few wherever I am caching on my GPS. With the amount of storage available on the Palm, why not? The file is only about 7-8MB on a 4GB card for over 3000 caches (That I'll never find :unsure: )

Anyways, back to your question, you can slect a few by checking the "User Flag" box of the ones you want to export, then hit the filter drop down menu and there is a default filter for "user flag". Presto!

Works like a charm! I didn't think to run the extra step to create a filter. I figured just setting the user flag would be good enough.

I thought about having my whole database with me, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to scroll through the list and find what I'm looking for with a small PDA screen. I might give it a try though and see how it goes.

Thanks again for your help!

with cachemate you can search the whole list alphabetically and sort by either waypoint or name, so having 3000+ caches isn't too overwhelming.

I like having them all handy in case I'm travelling around the city or province and have a spare minute (or hour :unsure: ) to look for a cache. I can just do a "search nearest", and see what's around me at any time.