Techno phobe needs help with Waypoint download

We just got our first GPS - Garmin Venture Cx, with a USB connector, I have downloaded relevent installers and GPS sitting there now waiting to use the feature that sends a waypoint into the GPS via computer cable. The GPS has been used and input by hand but I can definately see an advantage to downloading!

There are a lot of suggested downloads to get me started but I can't find advice on which I use - I have never used the terms GPX, LOC etc?

I have Windows XP, and the Garmin Venture Cx. Please advise which software?

I was thinking of using the first one on the list but don't want to go wrong! (Clayjar Watcher)?

Thanks in advance!

We just got our first GPS - Garmin Venture Cx, with a USB connector, I have downloaded relevent installers and GPS sitting there now waiting to use the feature that sends a waypoint into the GPS via computer cable. The GPS has been used and input by hand but I can definately see an advantage to downloading!

There are a lot of suggested downloads to get me started but I can't find advice on which I use - I have never used the terms GPX, LOC etc?

I have Windows XP, and the Garmin Venture Cx. Please advise which software?

I was thinking of using the first one on the list but don't want to go wrong! (Clayjar Watcher)?

Thanks in advance!

As long as you are logged on to GC.com and you have the garmin software installed ,clicking "send to GPS" will send relevant co-ords to your Venture without any other software installed .

Premium membership will enable you to d/load a bunch of co-ords in one go ( GPX files )

Thats your basic setup; go for it :)

Go to UK section in forums here (scroll down to countries UK at bottom) where you can PM people local to MK who can help if you need it :)

Edited by Archangel_UK