MapInstall for OS X and the Colorado 300

I was wondering if anyone had run into any problems with Garmin's MapInstall for OS X. I am trying to use it to put some third party maps on my Colorado 300, but it "craps out" at random times during the transfer phase. I have attempted to transfer these maps multiple times to no avail. Has anyone run into this issue, and have any solutions?

Info:

Model: Colorado 300

Firmware: 2.40

Maps Attempting to Load: http://www.ibycus.com/ibycustopo/

Media: I have attempted to load it to the 300's internal memory and to an SD Card.

Edited by kingBLAOW

Are you sure the maps are good? I tried to convert a third party map, and obviously had some problem during the conversion. The map caused Bobcat to crash any time I tried to select it, and wouldn't even let MapInstall open. Once I deleted the offending map, all was well.

Another cacher has used the same map (converted for Mac) with no problems.

Are you sure the maps are good? I tried to convert a third party map, and obviously had some problem during the conversion. The map caused Bobcat to crash any time I tried to select it, and wouldn't even let MapInstall open. Once I deleted the offending map, all was well.

Another cacher has used the same map (converted for Mac) with no problems.

The maps seem to be good. They convert fine and everything is merry until it gets to the transferring phase.

EDIT: Well I selected a tiny portion and tried to transfer that (I was selecting large sections of Canada before), and it loaded fine. I guess the program is a bit flakey when dealing with large map segments.

Edited by kingBLAOW

I'll have to give it a try with a larger mapset. I've only tried one upload--City Nav. for MI and WI. Was going to do the whole U.S. but didn't have the room. I just did the two states on the 128 MB card that came with the unit. I have a 1Gig card, but it's in a desk drawer at the moment.

I installed a bunch of City Nav NT 2008 maps and it worked. I tried to install to an SD in an external memory card reader and it was taking forever (telling me it was going to take over a day) -- this was USB 2.0 to a 2.0 device, so I figured it would be faster than using the device directly.

I gave up on the external reader/writer to write the maps and just used the SD card in the Colorado (in my case 400t) directly and it took much less time (few hours for all of the US).

So it works, but it was slow. Once it has prepared the maps it took a long time to write them.

Update--still no problems. The maps I had a problem with were for Michigan snowmobile trails. Another user sent me the correct (uncorrupted) map file. I installed that and no problems.

I used Map Install to load a larger set, again with no problems. Still not the whole U.S. but if memory serves, it probably took 20-30 minutes to complete. I loaded the snowmobile trail maps covering Upper Michigan, along with City Navigator for MI, WI, MN, IA, IL, IN, OH and Ontario.

Have you resolved the problem yet? If not, maybe I'll try downloading the maps you're trying to install and see if it works for me. Not sure when I'll have time to try that out though.