Just got my GPSMAP 60CSX

After using my AT&T Tilt cell phone for a couple of Geocache hunts and finding to many limitations to list, i got a Garmin GPSMaps 60CSX and found 6 caches this past saturday. I am hooked. Found a travel bug too.

This unit is awesome, the compass is the best part I think. Would be nice if i could figure out how to import Caches and have their name show up on my map and not their Cache number. Any ideas?

Maxrebos

After using my AT&T Tilt cell phone for a couple of Geocache hunts and finding to many limitations to list, i got a Garmin GPSMaps 60CSX and found 6 caches this past saturday. I am hooked. Found a travel bug too.

This unit is awesome, the compass is the best part I think. Would be nice if i could figure out how to import Caches and have their name show up on my map and not their Cache number. Any ideas?

Maxrebos

You really do want to get GSAK to get the most out of your unit. There are lot of options available so you can show a special short name (called smart name) and the type of cache. Once you get more used to it, you can check back for how to download some custom waypoint symbols. I have mine set up so that when I press Find Geocache, it only searches for traditional caches (micro, larger or unknown). That way I don't waste my time searching for something that is not there. If I want to search for a puzzle cache, I go Find, Waypoint, and Menu and search by symbol and pick the question mark. I have a similar set up for events, multi caches, earth caches, etc.

Have fun, I've got the same unit. I'm still not too sure about the compass feature as needs to be held so carefully while walking, but overall it is a great unit. There are lots of undocumented improvements over the old 60C that I had before.