Reset Waypoint numbering on Garmin CSx

Yes, I am saying I have no numbered waypoints saved at all and it is still numbering from the last one created. All my marked waypoints are indicated by the "green tent" icon. I go into delete all waypoints with that icon. They all delete but the next marked waypoint begins numbering from the last one that has been deleted. Have you stumped? Me too!

Interesting. Maybe there's a stray out there not associated with that icon?

If it doesn't reveal itself at some point, you might want to download all waypoints from the GPS and inspect them that way. If there's not a stray then I dunno. Maybe a recent firmware version added an option to always increment? Dunno. But let us know if you figger it out.

Re: Garmin CSx... When you mark a location it becomes a waypoint. When the waypoint memeory is filled you delete those waypoints, but how can you restart the waypoints to begin numbering from "1"?

Try making and saving a waypoint named "999". The next one may be 001. Then delete 999.

I say "may be 001" because I don't own an x series GPS, but it works on all the older units.

Edited by Klatch

I have the same problem and read a thread here. Create a new waypoint, and number it one, then delete it, and the next time you create a waypoint it will be one. Don't know why.

Try making and saving a waypoint named "999". The next one may be 001. Then delete 999.

I say "may be 001" because I don't own an x series GPS, but it works on all the older units.

I don't have the "x" unit, but on all my Garmins (76S, 76CS, Legend C) this has worked exactly as described by kaseym. I always deleted the higher numbered waypoints first, then deleted 001 last. Works great. But, I will experiment with the method described by Klatch. Perhaps you don't have to remove all the waypoints if you do it that way.