LOoking to upgrade

Aartex

I am new to geocaching. I have an old Magellan GPS3000XL.

There is actually nothing wrong with it and I have had it since they first came out. Originally used it boating in fact. Frankly if I could get the proper cables to interface with my computer to upload thw cache way[points I would happily stick with my 3000xl.

Minor problem. I am now several years older, my multiple sclerosis is not as forgiving as it once was and due to a 1800 mile move in 2003, I have misplaced all the adapters and cables.

I sent an e-mail to Magellan and they sent back time to trade in and upgrade, give them a call. So I did, and found out the GPS on their website does not match the versions available for the upgrade trade-in.

I was interested in the explorer series, which they informed me they have quit manufacturing, thus being unavailable for the trade-in/upgrade. I can go with the Triton series.

Problem is I am not liking the reviews of the Triton series. I like the features of the Triton 500, as I say though the reviews make me wonder if it is worth it.

Anyone by chance have the vehicle and data adapters they are willing to sell? Any suggestions as to whether the trade in is worth the risk?

Edited by Mad&Lil'Dreamer