City Navigator on Vista HCx or Nuvi?

scvmeat

Hey all!

I have a Vista HCx and am trying to decide on whether I should spend the money on City Navigator 2008 for Mac or just use that money towards getting a Nuvi of some sort. I would like auto routing to get me to the parking lot, then use the Vista (with it's base map) to get me to GZ.

I recently used a friend's TomTom on a business trip and really liked the navigation features that I don't think I would get with a Vista using CN2008. What kind of advice can you guys (and gals) offer? Do any of you have an opinion of what Nuvi I ought to look at? Trying to go no more than $250 if at all possible.

If this has already been a thread, I apologize. Thanks in advance!

I have this combo now - HCx and Nuvi 350, and love having both. I've learned from others on this forum, that I was lucky to buy my 350 when I did. With the 2007 version of the City Nav NT (that came as with the 350), I was granted the ability to unlock it and put it on my HCx free of charge. I've learned that with the 2008 version, you're only allowed to put CN NT on 1 device. So.... I guess I'm saying that if you can find one that still has that version of the maps, you may be able to get the best of both worlds. Hope this helps!

With the price of the City Navigator maps being soooo close the price of a Nuvi 200, I can't see going for the maps on the Vista. Having used a Legend HCx with City Select and a Nuvi 200 for auto navigation, the Nuvi wins hands down. Much easier to select a route with the touch screen, and the voice prompts means you can keep your eyes on the road.

--Bill