NE Arkansas - State/Camping Parks w/cache?

mapguy56

I will be traveling in May, and a friend wants to rendezvous at a park with camping that would include a cache for us to hunt.

I looked a little at the Google Map search, but I felt I was looking at a haystack!

Any suggestions from the locals?

Thanks!

maps 'n motorcycles

Check the Jonesboro area, great camping sites nearby and caches too!

GC149WR just to get started for Jonesboro

Don't skip this multi GCTCV0

And one to get you in and around Craighead Forest Lake GCWYTA

GCV1H1 at the nearby Crowley's Ridge Natue Center, make sure to watch the movie

And if you are feeling really adventurous they have a mosquitto festival at Lake Poinsett State park near Harrisburg.

A cooking comp that uses skeeters in the recipes. Never been myself. A cache at the sp GCT3P9

Not the Northeast but The Arkansas Geocaching Association is having a get together at Lake Catherine State Park 5/31

GC197P5

http://arkgeocaching.org/

Edited by Rick618

I will be traveling in May, and a friend wants to rendezvous at a park with camping that would include a cache for us to hunt.

I looked a little at the Google Map search, but I felt I was looking at a haystack!

Any suggestions from the locals?

Thanks!

maps 'n motorcycles

We stopped at a park just south of Jonesboro on our way home last year that has about a dozen caches in it counting the micros and probably 4 or 5 were ammo can caches. I don't remember if There were any camp sites or not, but if you had a whole day to spend there you should have a good time. I think the name of the park is Craighead.