FS: Garmin eTrex Legend

JohnTee

For Sale $110

I have upgraded to a Garmin Vista HCx, have a DeLorme LT-20 and a DeLorme PN-20; one or two of these four GPS units has to go. ;)

For Sale as a package deal:

Blue Garmin eTrex Legend (B&W Model): Comes with Owner's Manual, Quick Start Guide, Lanyard/carrying strap and serial data cable.

Dynex® - 16" USB PDA/Serial Adapter Cable, Model: DX-UBDB9

MicroSoft Map - Streets & Trips 2004: Comes with Original Box, original Setup & Run Disks

Garmin eTrex Legend

eTrex Legend Owners Manual PDF

This is essentially a 'new', unused unit. I recently sent my almost two year old eTrex Legend to Garmin International and received this refurbished eTrex Legend (New Serial Number, invoice says serviced 12/4/07). It has 53 minutes of total run time and has not left the house. Still has the protective plastic over the screen.

Garmin software version 3.70

The Legend can receive position corrections from the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS), which makes Legend's already-accurate positioning data even more reliable. In fact, when you turn on WAAS, you can increase the accuracy of Legend's position reporting to within three meters.

The eTrex Legend is a great GPSr unit for hiking, driving, or geocaching. Comes with basic road maps; The Legend's basemap contains lakes, rivers, cities, interstates, national and state highways, railroads and coastlines. Legend also comes preloaded with marine navigation aids. And, with Legend's 8 MB of memory, you can add even more map detail with data from Garmin's entire line of MapSource® mapping products (Garmin Maps not included). It can store 1000 waypoints, 20 routes, 10 saved tracks and 10,000 traveled track points. Runs up to 18 hours on two AA bateries.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1110263657278

This adapter cable is designed for easy plug-and-play connection of a device with a serial port to a device with a USB port.

Product Features

* Connects a device with a RS-232 (DB9) serial port to a USB hub or USB-equipped computer

* Supports data transfer rate of more than 115 Kbps

* PC and Mac compatible

(New from bestbuy.com $36.99)

MicroSoft Streets & Trips 2004

Loaded on my laptop, with my Garmin eTrex Legend GPSr plugged in, I have used this to assist in finding MANY geocaches and for navigating cross country. It's great to see city streets and have an idea how to navigate to that cache. On arrival, unplug your GPSr and go get that cache. GSAK, and, probably, other programs like EasyGPS, will export to MS Streets & Trips. On loading the imported data, all the geocaches in your imported file show up on the map!

Features:

Door to door directions for multiple destinations

Optimize your route for multiple destinations

Find points of interest, restaurants, hotels and more

Plan your trip and calculate mileage, time, and fuel costs

Import contacts from MS Outlook & MS Excel

Real-time GPSr support ((requires a GPS device that supports NMEA 2.o or later, configured to use Com Port 20 or less

System Requirements

PC w/Pentium II or higher (Pentium III recommended)

W98, WME, WNT 4.0, W2000 Pro, WXP or later OS

MS IE 5 Browser (included)

64 MB of RAM for W98, WME, WNT 4.0

128 MB of RAM for W2000 Pro, WXP

! GB HDD space for standard installation

4x or faster CD-ROM

SVGA or higher

MS Mouse or compatible pointing device

Cache On!

JohnTee

Just wondering - does the legend act as a receiver for the MS Streets on your laptop? I mean, does it show your location on the laptop screen itself?

Yes. MS Streets recognizes the GPS, in NIMEA In/NIMEA Out Interface Mode, which gives mapping a position. If you use something like GSAK, and I"m sure EasyGPS and others will do this also, you can export a MS Streets text file of your list of geocaches. The text file is imported to MS Streets as data and then each geocache shows on the map. I've done a lot of geocaching this way. Makes navigating to some of the geocaches much easier. Get on site, disconnect the GPS and you're off and running.

John

For Sale $110

I have upgraded to a Garmin Vista HCx, have a DeLorme LT-20 and a DeLorme PN-20; one or two of these four GPS units has to go. :o

For Sale as a package deal:

Blue Garmin eTrex Legend (B&W Model): Comes with Owner's Manual, Quick Start Guide, Lanyard/carrying strap and serial data cable.

MicroSoft Map - Streets & Trips 2004: Comes with Original Box, original Setup & Run Disks

Garmin eTrex Legend

eTrex Legend Owners Manual PDF

This is essentially a 'new', unused unit. I recently sent my almost two year old eTrex Legend to Garmin International and received this refurbished eTrex Legend (New Serial Number, invoice says serviced 12/4/07). It has 53 minutes of total run time and has not left the house. Still has the protective plastic over the screen.

Garmin software version 3.70

The Legend can receive position corrections from the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS), which makes Legend's already-accurate positioning data even more reliable. In fact, when you turn on WAAS, you can increase the accuracy of Legend's position reporting to within three meters.

The eTrex Legend is a great GPSr unit for hiking, driving, or geocaching. Comes with basic road maps; The Legend's basemap contains lakes, rivers, cities, interstates, national and state highways, railroads and coastlines. Legend also comes preloaded with marine navigation aids. And, with Legend's 8 MB of memory, you can add even more map detail with data from Garmin's entire line of MapSource® mapping products (Garmin Maps not included). It can store 1000 waypoints, 20 routes, 10 saved tracks and 10,000 traveled track points. Runs up to 18 hours on two AA bateries.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1110263657278

This adapter cable is designed for easy plug-and-play connection of a device with a serial port to a device with a USB port.

Product Features

* Connects a device with a RS-232 (DB9) serial port to a USB hub or USB-equipped computer

* Supports data transfer rate of more than 115 Kbps

* PC and Mac compatible

(New from bestbuy.com $36.99)

MicroSoft Streets & Trips 2004

Loaded on my laptop, with my Garmin eTrex Legend GPSr plugged in, I have used this to assist in finding MANY geocaches and for navigating cross country. It's great to see city streets and have an idea how to navigate to that cache. On arrival, unplug your GPSr and go get that cache. GSAK, and, probably, other programs like EasyGPS, will export to MS Streets & Trips. On loading the imported data, all the geocaches in your imported file show up on the map!

Features:

Door to door directions for multiple destinations

Optimize your route for multiple destinations

Find points of interest, restaurants, hotels and more

Plan your trip and calculate mileage, time, and fuel costs

Import contacts from MS Outlook & MS Excel

Real-time GPSr support ((requires a GPS device that supports NMEA 2.o or later, configured to use Com Port 20 or less

System Requirements

PC w/Pentium II or higher (Pentium III recommended)

W98, WME, WNT 4.0, W2000 Pro, WXP or later OS

MS IE 5 Browser (included)

64 MB of RAM for W98, WME, WNT 4.0

128 MB of RAM for W2000 Pro, WXP

! GB HDD space for standard installation

4x or faster CD-ROM

SVGA or higher

MS Mouse or compatible pointing device

Cache On!

JohnTee

Is this package still available as of 4/5/2008?

<_<

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your interest. I recently sold the DeLorme Earthmate PN-20, so now plan to keep the eTrex Legend as a back-up. I just bought a Garmin Nuvi 360, so I'm going to put the DeLorme LT-20 up soon, for laptop users.

Cache On!

JohnTee