WTB: 1st GPS

I was introduced to geo-caching about a year and a half ago. I don't own a GPS device, so I've either borrowed one or went with friends, but I'm ready to get my own!

Any advice on what I should get? I would rather spend a little bit more money (say up to $300) a get a little bit better GPS than just a basic one. What brands and models would you sugest? The GPS that I've borrowed (I believe it's a Garmin eTrex H) several times does not have the best accuracy nor does it work as well in dense tree coverage.

Thanks so much!

I'm suprised that you were not happy with the accuracy of the Etrex H (considering that that is the more accurate model). There is no gps in the world (with the exception of surveying GPS) that will walk you right up to the cache.

Second, if you have 300 to spend, go all the way and buy a new gps. with 300, you could easily buy a Garmin 60csx used, and thats about the best you can do, unless you want to drop 450 for a Garmin Colorado (the newest gps)

Good luck

Russell M

PC Nation has the Garmin Vista HCx for $228.40. This is a great small unit.

Amazon has the 60CSx for 299.99. This one is my favorite. I have both, but a lot of people like the Vista HCx better.

Either can also hold road and Topo maps, if you need them.

Good Luck!

PP4x4