Precedence: MetroGuide v8 or Topo 2008?

Parsa

I have a Garmin 60Cx, and already have MetroGuide North America v8. I just bought Topo USA 2008 on Amazon ($77, free shipping).

Does anyone know which of these layers over the other if I have the same regions loaded for both? Is there any option to change which take precedence, or is it fixed? I'm assuming it's pretty easy to switch the top layer off and on in the map Menu screen. Correct?

Parsa

I think Metrogiuide becomes the top layer. You need to hide it to see Topo. At least that's the way it works with City Navigator and City Select.

Yes, that is correct. I have a Colorado 300 with Topo 2008 and Metroguide NA 8. Metroguide takes precedence. One of the nice things about having a Colorado, is that with the Colorado if you have both Topo 2008 and Metroguide active, the Topo 2008 DEM data appears on Metroguide. Sweet.

Edited by Barrikady

Thanks for the hints and tips. I was correct in what I figured out last night and I now have City Navigator NA NT and Topo 2008 loaded for my area. Unfortunately, NT overlays topo -- but if you turn off topo and leave the base map on you do get the 3d view if you want it.

Edited by qlenfg

And once you have the multiple maps loaded, here's how to switch between them (Garmin does not document this):

http://www.miscjunk.org/mj/mp_mapset.html

--Bill

Thanks Bigbill,

It is not intuitive on how to change them. There's nothing to let you know you need to hit the MENU button once you are on the map setting screen. It almost seems like you'd need to check or uncheck every single box in the list, which would be ridiculous.