question about verizon navigator`s

HazletDrummer

hey guys me and my dad are new to this hobby and are gettign into it. We decided to do some research on geocaching and while he was at work i ogt more and more into it. But heres the question. The question came up[ so what are we going to do about gps? so we said oh we could use our cell phone. We both have verizon and we both have VZ navigator but i dont know if it would be as good as a like a garminor something so i need your help to tell me if we should use our phones our just get a gps thanks guys

any one who is going to make a useless post please dont even make the attempt

much help guys thanks

-HazletDrummer

Patience young grasshopper! :unsure: It's possible that no one had seen your thread yet. This isn't a chat room and it may sometimes take hours to get a reply to a post. Folks may have been afraid their post wouldn't meet up to your high standards! :blink:(A word of friendly advice: This beginner forum is vistied mostly by really nice sorts of people who like to help new cachers out. You'll very seldom see unhelpful responses to questions in this forum).

I found this old thread on that topic.

Apparently, you can't enter coordinates to VZ Navigator, only addresses, although you can wander about trying to match up the coordinates. Personally, I'd invest in an inexpensive handheld gps.

Patience young grasshopper! :blink: It's possible that no one had seen your thread yet. This isn't a chat room and it may sometimes take hours to get a reply to a post. Folks may have been afraid their post wouldn't meet up to your high standards! :huh:(A word of friendly advice: This beginner forum is vistied mostly by really nice sorts of people who like to help new cachers out. You'll very seldom see unhelpful responses to questions in this forum).

I found this old thread on that topic.

Apparently, you can't enter coordinates to VZ Navigator, only addresses, although you can wander about trying to match up the coordinates. Personally, I'd invest in an inexpensive handheld gps.

thanks a bunch neo and yeah me and my dad have decided to just invest in an gps handheld unit now for the real question how to get the money lol :unsure:

I started this hobby with the same vz nav and i would just put it on follow me map and it gave me coords to where i was and it updates pretty quick so if you know you are in the right area it might work for you. it did have we wandering in circles the first two times i tried it but after you learn the way the nav works it gets easier or atleast it did for me oh i forgot to add to go into fallow me map then options then location info

Edited by havic427