Geocaching.com Store - Item no longer available?

Thrak

I lost the geocaching hitch cover that I had on my truck. Someone borrowed my hitch and needed the pin to go along with it and I put the hitch cover back in place without the pin. When I finally got my hitch and pin back I forgot to put the pin in place to hold the geocaching cover plate in place and now I've lost the thing. I went to gc.com and hit the link for gear but I don't see the hitch plate for sale anywhere. I'm hoping someone from gc.com can tell me if it's permanantly unavailable or simply out of stock and will return later. I'm really hoping it hasn't been discontinued. That would really bum me out.

I sure wish I could find these again. Mine "disappeared" from the back of my truck in the parking lot at GeoWoodstock 5. It is the only negative thing I have ever had happen while hanging out with fellow cachers. Anyway, as upsetting as it was to find it gone, now it looks like it can't be replaced. I would love to get a new one.

Sphere.net still has them for sale. It's a little higher than I remember paying for mine.

Holy Cow!!! That's a LOT more than I paid for the first one. I think the one I bought was around $29 - the one on the linked page is $54. Looks like I'll have to do without. It was spendy at the original price. It's idiotic at that listed price.

Many thanks for the link though.

If someone had a source for these (at a reasonable price) they could probably make quite a bit of money selling them at GW VI in May. I know I'd buy one and, since we're expecting attendance of around 3,000 people there would likely be quite a few others who'd buy them as well.