Garmin Etrex Vista HCX

Hi all,

The time has come for my wife and I to buy a new GPS. We are currently looking at the Etrex Vista HCX and wanted to get some opinions on the unit.

We'd also like to get some recommendations for other GPS units at or below $300.

Thanks!

I think you will find that there are a lot of Vista HCx users on this board and, as near as I can tell, most of us are pretty satisfied with the units. There have been a few bugs but the worst of those seem to have been corrected with the most recent firmware and chipset software updates. For the money, you probably one find a better choice.

Originally I was looking for a eTrex Vista C but have just purchased a used Cx. People on here have told me that they are good units. Many have recommended for me to get a eTrex HCx due to the "H" for the high sensitivity receiver. You should be able to get a used eTrex Vista HCx for about $200 on eBay.

Yes the Vista HCx is a far superior unit to the 60CSx which is a bit long in the tooth after nearly 2 years.

You should be able to get a used eTrex Vista HCx for about $200 on eBay.

$210 new on ebay.

$221 at thenerds.com. I bought mine from them at this price.

Great! Thanks guys. I'm going to buy it from thenerds.com. I appreciate all the information.

Hi all,

The time has come for my wife and I to buy a new GPS. We are currently looking at the Etrex Vista HCX and wanted to get some opinions on the unit.

We'd also like to get some recommendations for other GPS units at or below $300.

Thanks!

I bought my (New) Garmin eTrex HCx through Amazon Marketplace ... from dealznsalz@oddballsales.com

$202.99 + 5.49 shipping = $208.48 to my door

~Glenn