Nuvi 660 Delete Waypoints?

Is there a way to delete waypoints (favorites) uploaded to a Nuvi 660 via gpx file from GSAK? I've read some threads that say 1-at-a-time. I don't want to go through that each time I upload.

I tried the "delete all user data" 3 times in a row and the waypoints were still there. I deleted the "current.gpx" file from the \Garmin\gpx folder on the unit. It created another one. I downloaded the "current.gpx" file to GSAK, deleted the unwanted waypoints, and reloaded it back to the unit. Still there...

Are there hidden files on the Nuvi that are not visible under windows explorer even when it is set to show hidden? That's my guess.

Does the Nuvi treat custom poi's the same?

Frustrated!

Help appreciated,

George

I can answer the second question. The custom POIs are loaded with POI loader (free download from Garmin). They install as a separate file and can be replaced by loading another file, or they can be deleted from the SD card (my preference) whenever you like.

Also, using GSAK, you can modify your POIs so that when you enter them as a gpx file, they contain additional info. See the thread on Silly POI Tricks (I think that's the name). I'm setting up for a trip to Las Vegas in a few days and will have a couple thousand caches listed; I'll only get a few, but I'm prepared for the whole area.

I did see a thread in here where someone discussed deleting Favorites all at once, but it was part of another subject and I'm not sure where it was. I use Favorites sparingly.

I have found no "delete screen" on the 660. I used the "delete all user data" screen by pressing and holding the lower right corner of the touchscreen during power-on. A confirmation box appears asking if you really want to delete all user data. 3 times in a row I did this and the waypoints are still there... Aren't they "user data?"

Gotta be a better way-

Listen up Garmin