A Gathering and Opportunity in West Covina, CA

q22q17

All:

I know a former co-worker who has always been interested in geocaching. He is helping a nature center get opened in the West Covina area, and he is looking for any geocachers who would like to help him with teaching about gps units and finding caches.

Here is his original email to me:

I'm currently opening a new tiny nature center in West Covina on March 8. There is sort of a small public gathering for the opening.

I have multiple GPS units that I purchased for the Nature Center. I would like to have a mini geocache activity where families can leave their ID's and pick up a GPS and a information card and learn how to use the GPS and go find some "cache." This would be an activity that would have be less than an hour or so.

I would like to reach out to the Geocaching community anyways; it would be a great resource for the Nature Center. And would hopefully, once determining the needs of the geocacher-community, can make the nature center a resource for them.

For more information about the nature center, the website is here:

http://www.sgmrc.org/galster.html

The event is Saturday, March 8, 2-6 pm.

If you would like to help him for any of that time, please email him directly at cwinkler@nhm.org (don't email me, cause I'll just refer you on to him.....)

In addition to posting here, and on a couple other sites, I am planning on emailing through GC a few folks I know who have caches placed in that area, and may call it home. If you can help him out, he would love it, and it would be a great opportunity to introduce new people to geocaching.