Magellan CrossoverGPS Help!

cj5779

:unsure:

I'm new to Geocaching and I use the Magellan CrossoverGPS because this is the one that I already had. I have used it for 4 searches so far and I'm having trouble with it. I am walking with the GPS and the device will say that I am at the location, but I cannot find it anywhere. When I re-set the GPS (cancel out the current find and then try to re-find it), it will then say that I'm 150 feet away from the target. Is this common/happen to other people with this model? Do you know if this is normal for other brands of GPS's? Any advice that you can give me would be appreciated! Thanks! CJ5779

This is common with the Magellan CrossoverGPS unit. Other models, including Magellan handhelds, don't stop routing you until you turn it off. I use the CrossoverGPS for geocaching and since I put the 2.14 firmware update on, it mostly lets me get to within 10-20' before it tells me I'm "near my destination". From this point, I usually don't need the GPS to find the cache. Occasionally, I'll re-enter the waypoint to get a new bearing on it.

I heard rumors that a firmware update will be coming out in March which will address this issue.

JetSkier