paperless caching with Palm Tungsten E

befroggy

Nevermind, I think I found my answer!

I have a Palm Tungsten E and I can also use hubby's cell phone that has Palm software on it. But I have no idea which program to use for paperless caching. If anyone has a Tungsten E, please let me know what you are using. :ph34r: I haven't even been caching lately because printing out or writing down the info takes alot of time. :rolleyes:

Thank you!!

Christi

Edited by befroggy

I just got paperless myself yesterday. I have a Palm TX and a Garmin GPSmap 60Cx. I use GSAK on my PC and CacheMate on my Palm. You can get GSAK from this site (Geocaching.com) under Resources and Google for Cachemate and you can download it on to your PC and then install it onto your Palm. GSAK is free, but after a few weeks, it says that you will get a nagging message to pay $30. Still a good buy. Cachemate is free, but the free version limits you to 10 viewable caches. For $8.00 you can register it and get a registration number and then you can view all the caches you have sent to your Palm via GSAK.

Just one guy's approach - but, after answering the same questions over and over from caching friends - I finally took the time to document my paperless caching approach. As documented, it involves PQs from geocaching.com, GSAK, CacheMate, and a 60CSx - you'll find my paperless caching wiki here:

Paperless Caching Wiki

Again - depending on your own needs and approach, your mileage may vary.

Hope this helps, and I welcome any feedback on the resource. There's still lots of details that need to be added, and most importantly - the Colorado had just turned all of this on its ear, so my personal processes are evolving daily.

Have a great day,

Billy