Help with older windows ce ipaq

Okiebryan

I would like to try using this pocket PC but everything i'm finding is compatible with newer versions of windows CE (2002).

I have never used one of these before and don't know anything. I know I need active sync, but I don't know what version I need. I have xp on my laptop, and the pocket PC is an iPAQ 3635 running Windows CE v3.0.9348. It has a memory card attachment with 64M compact Flash card installed.

Will this combo work? Please help me find step by step directions to make this work.

:) Bryan

Wish I knew you were having problems and I would have been glad to show you my set up at the COG meeting. I will be at Springfling and can provide hands on help then. In the meantime, here's how my IPAQ 3900 series works. I've upgraded my OS from 2002 to 2003. I purchased Cachemate for Pocket PC and loaded it on the PDA. Once loaded, I completed the registration process, paying the $8 and plugging in the code. It's interesting that you have to load Cachemate before you can pay and register it. To get caches loaded all I need to do plug the SD card into my laptop and copy the PQ directly to the card. I then plug the card into the PDA, and start Cachemate. At the bottom of the Cachemate screen is an arrow that points to the right of a document icon. Click on that and then click on Start on the next screen. A listing of the PQs loaded on the SD card will be displayed. Click on the appropriate PQ and it will load into the current database. Good luck

Blaidd Drwg