Cachemate

On the Palm version, there are filters when doing a "nearest cache" search, but that's about it.

There is sort of a workaround for the palm if you just want a couple different sizes...

Make a category for the size.... say Large Singles

Run the pocket query for single staged caches with large containers.

Make another one.... Micro Multi

Run a second query for micro sized multi-caches...etc. etc.

Save each query to the proper category.

Its a pain in the butt, for sure... but its cheaper than buying a new handheld.

I usually just decide for the day what I want to do, make a query for it, upload and go... If I'm taking my five year old, for example, I query to avoid high difficulty caches, micros, and multi-stagers. She likes to find one box, swap out stuff, and go elsewhere.

If you use GSAK, you can get your PQs with all cache Types and Sizes. But, before Exporting the information for the Palm, do filters in GSAK to get only the "Regular/Traditional" or "Multi" or "Small and Micro/Traditional". Export a .pdb file from each filter set.

Then, name each successive .pdb file with the Type and put them in separate "Folders" in your Default database in Cachemate.

If you use the "smart name" codes when you send the Waypoints to your GPS unit, you can get part of the Name, the Size of the container, the Type of cache (Traditional, Multi, Virtual, Puzzle), the Difficulty and Terrain (based on a 10-point scale)

On a open database selct list/edit filters. Then select the Info tab. That is where you can select cache type and container size and difficulty.

You must have a Windows-based PDA. I don't see any such function on my Palm-based device.

--Larry

On my Palm TX I open a database. Then open Options, and there is an option listed as "LIST OPTIONS". open that and click on the dropdown beside "Extra Info". There you can select Diff/Terr. When selected you will get your database listing with the diff/terr beside it in the cache listing. Also you can select to choose or not the travelbugs, choose to display waypoint as a name, you can choose to select Status/type columns listed in the database.

Good luck.

On my Palm TX I open a database. Then open Options, and there is an option listed as "LIST OPTIONS". open that and click on the dropdown beside "Extra Info". There you can select Diff/Terr. When selected you will get your database listing with the diff/terr beside it in the cache listing. Also you can select to choose or not the travelbugs, choose to display waypoint as a name, you can choose to select Status/type columns listed in the database.

Good luck.

Those features let me customize the display, they don't provide filters. For example, there's no way to select or filter by container size, Difficulty, Terrain, etc., which was the subject of the OP's question.

--Larry

You are right, there is no filter per say. What you do get is a listing of what type of cache it is, and also the terrain and difficulty, all showing up in the list.

I just played around with my Palm TX and created different databases in my Cachemate program on the PDA. I have a database for Found, another for Unfound, another for Difficulty 1 etc. I then get a pocket querie for the caching area I want and send it to GSAK. There I further sort out what I want and save it as a GPX file. I then send that file to Cachemate, into the desired database. Then on the PDA you select the database you want, i.e. "Unfound Near Home" and I get a list of all unfound caches within 50 miles of my home co-ords and nothing els. With a bit of playing around with GSAK I am sure you can have all sorts of different databases in your PDA