Colorado 300/400 in Canada questions . . .

mx125

Hello. For those in Canada with the Colorado 300/400 (or those having panned into CDA), I had some questions . . . .

First, I'm guessing that as only the Topo 2008 has shaded relief . . the Topo Canada maps look as they do on my prior units. Is this correct?

Second, in regars to the basemap, I would like to understand if the 3-D shaded worldwide basemap actually provides relief shading in Canada . . and is it useful? Or is it only really applicable for very wide area view?

Thanks.

There is no relief shading in Topo Canada. It is 5 years old. Maybe in a new version....

The basemap shaded relief seems to be pretty much useless from my brief look at one.

The basemap is disappointing. But thanks for that feedback. I hope we do see a new Topo CDA . .although I'm assuming data suppliers to Garmin will be the barrier there.

There is no relief shading in Topo Canada. It is 5 years old. Maybe in a new version....

The basemap shaded relief seems to be pretty much useless from my brief look at one.

The basemap is disappointing. But thanks for that feedback. I hope we do see a new Topo CDA . .although I'm assuming data suppliers to Garmin will be the barrier there.

I doubt it. The topo data was released free to the world last year, so it should be easier.

Actually there are rumours from Garmin about a new release.

I doubt it. The topo data was released free to the world last year, so it should be easier.

Actually there are rumours from Garmin about a new release.

Great news . . thanks.