Helping a TB toward its mission

majormajor42

I like trying to help TBs achieve their mission. Most times, however, I will not be the one to do it, but a good movement to the right cache, might put the TB in the hands of someone that will achieve a mission. So, is there a way of knowing which caches are best "assist" caches? I was thinking near travel hubs but that does not always ring true. So, here is my question; is there away to see, for a given destination cache, what other cache the geocachers visited most recently?

I have a coin that wants to go to the Empire State Building. The closest cache that can hold a coin is Catch the Cat

Is there a way of listing what caches, the people who visited Catch the Cat, were at prior to it? There might be some patterns of frequency. If one of the favorable caches is closer to me or on my commute route, then I will drop it there and hope someone else follows through.

Good question. Picking a good cache certainly helps, however after the next couple of hops your bug is in the mix.

Best thing is a hardy traveler. Attach a sturdy goal/mission tag that can stand the elements. Make the goal clear and fairly easy to follow.

I refer people to this thread quite a bit, and for a very good reason.

Snoogans' Tb Longevity Clinic

Edited by BlueDeuce

I like trying to help TBs achieve their mission. Most times, however, I will not be the one to do it, but a good movement to the right cache, might put the TB in the hands of someone that will achieve a mission. So, is there a way of knowing which caches are best "assist" caches? I was thinking near travel hubs but that does not always ring true. So, here is my question; is there away to see, for a given destination cache, what other cache the geocachers visited most recently?

I have a coin that wants to go to the Empire State Building. The closest cache that can hold a coin is Catch the Cat

Is there a way of listing what caches, the people who visited Catch the Cat, were at prior to it? There might be some patterns of frequency. If one of the favorable caches is closer to me or on my commute route, then I will drop it there and hope someone else follows through.

That is an interesting suggestion. I have been wondering about such a thing myself, but I was thinking more along the lines of "where is a good, *true* travel bug hotel?" that a lot of cachers visit and which is safe from muggles. These "hotels" don't have to be called "hotels" in their name (some of the best probably are not).

Maybe it would be useful to be able to do a Pocket Query on Caches that have been found X number of times in the last N days?