eTrex Vista HCx and Routing Issue

I've got an eTrex Vista HCx and have imported the maps for Ohio. Using the MapSource US MetroGuide v5 software, I create a route to a destination and would expect the route to display the turn-by-turn on the maps view. What I get on the map view is just a SW to Breeze Hill which is the destination.

Should it not prompt me as I drive like the directions are displayed in MapSource?

Any help will be appreciated.

Morpheus

Edited by morpheus101010

I've got an eTrex Vista HCx and have imported the maps for Ohio. Using the MapSource US MetroGuide v5 software, I create a route to a destination and would expect the route to display the turn-by-turn on the maps view. What I get on the map view is just a SW to Breeze Hill which is the destination.

Should it not prompt me as I drive like the directions are displayed in MapSource?

Any help will be appreciated.

Morpheus

US Metroguide V4 does turn-by-turn auto-routing right out of the box.

US Metroguide V5 and higher do not. (There is some third-party software out there that will allow V5+ to do auto-routing.)

I have played with this a bit.

I supect that MapSource + Metroguide uploads only two-point routes to routing GPSr and turn-by-turn routes to non-routing GPSr. This would be because it expects a routing GPSr to route on its own while nonrouting GPSr would need the intermediate waypoints.

I verified this behaviour on my own routing and non-routing GPSr. It might be the reason that Garmin does not show MG as "compatible" with routing GPSr. It also means that MG (vanilla, unhacked) is not a good match for routing GPSr. Hacked, it's great.

I also suspect that MapSource + CN only uploads two-point routes regardless of the GPSr.

If anyone has tested this quasi-scientifically, pls chime in.