Elevation Discrepancy in Track Logs

WVRadar

Today I hiked a trail and recorded it on my Venture HC track log. When I transferred the data to MapSource and checked the profile I noticed that the elevation varies from 931 feet to 964 feet, which I knew couldn’t be right. I have Topo 2008 installed, and it clearly shows the elevation ranging from 900 to 1200 feet. When I checked the Track Log on the GPSr, it shows the altitude correctly, ranging from 919 to 1196 feet. Anyone know why the elevations aren’t getting transferred correctly?

Select the track and then right click on it and select Track Properties.

Does the correct elevation range show up in the elevation column?

Did the correct entire track length of the track transfer?

You might also try to transfer everything again. If you can see the correct info in the GPSr but not in Mapsource it must have just burped during the transfer.

Tried resending the data but the results were the same. MapSource shows the elevation ranging from 931 feet to 964 feet.

When I select the Track on my GPSr, hit the menu button and select Profile the graph displays on the screen with crosshairs at each location. It begins at 919 feet and goes as high as 1196 feet before ending at 1173 feet.