CACHE STATS

fireplug1111

OK I guess im stupid couse I cant figure out this CACHE STATS program. I downloaded it and installed it on my computer. I then upgraded my account so I could use this. The first time I used it I got my numbers on there, So I had to wait a week to get the updated numbers (finds) and see how im doing. I downloaded the GPX file and unzipped it, I then opened my cachestats and clicked on the OPEN GPX FILE to update my finds. But it didnt do anything I just had the old numbers on it and now I have to wait a week to do it again. SOOOO me being the dumest person on here could someone please expalin (IN DETAIL ) the steps to get this thing to work.

Thanks

FIREPLUG1111

It sounds like you didn't overwrite the old GPX file with the updated one. I find it's best to delete the previous one completely before downloading a new one from the Add to Queue page.

I second that... I can't count the number of times I've pulled up cachestats and the same numbers pop up.

Delete the old file and re-save the one from your email and try again.

Also, if you aren't aware, there are a few other stats programs:

www.itsnotaboutthenumbers.com

and if you use GSAK you can use the FindStatGen macro.

Deleted old files and downloaded the files again and it worked. THANKS A MILLION

Fireplug1111

It sounds like you didn't overwrite the old GPX file with the updated one. I find it's best to delete the previous one completely before downloading a new one from the Add to Queue page.

I second that... I can't count the number of times I've pulled up cachestats and the same numbers pop up.

Delete the old file and re-save the one from your email and try again.

Also, if you aren't aware, there are a few other stats programs:

www.itsnotaboutthenumbers.com

and if you use GSAK you can use the FindStatGen macro.

Hi,

I think I am even dumber that the last guy because I can't even figure out how to make cachestats work. I downloaded it and it opens up. I downloaded my pocket query. What I can't seem to do is to create a GPX file from the zipped pocket query.

When I am prompted to open the zipped file, Cachestats opens up, but there is no GPX file to open up.

Obviously, I am missing out on something. Can someone please help me (in specific steps) what I need to do to make this work?

BTW, Itsnotaboutthenumbers isn't available.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I think I am even dumber that the last guy because I can't even figure out how to make cachestats work. I downloaded it and it opens up. I downloaded my pocket query. What I can't seem to do is to create a GPX file from the zipped pocket query.

When I am prompted to open the zipped file, Cachestats opens up, but there is no GPX file to open up.

Obviously, I am missing out on something. Can someone please help me (in specific steps) what I need to do to make this work?

BTW, Itsnotaboutthenumbers isn't available.

Thanks in advance.

Download and install WinZip. It will unzip your PQ file and produce a GPX file which you then load into Cachestats. If you tell Cachestats where to go to find your GPX files, it will do it automatically every time you load in a new GPX file.