Coin Minting

scavok

I once saw a post that mentioned how some mints will allow you to pre-sell coins to finance the minting. I am thinking about trying my hand at a minted coin (as opposed to only handmade ones).

Does anyone know which mint that was, or know of any others that do the same?

Thought I'd ask anyway :ph34r:

Edited by scavok

Oakcoins has a great program where you submit the design, and if they like it, they'll mint it for you and you get about 20 coins in exchange for it to do what you want with.

I know 20 ain't a whole lot, but for those of us po' folks out here, it's a wonderful amount and allows us to trade, sell, and just have a coin that we've "done" :ph34r:

Hope that helps some!

Naomi :)

If you are going to do a pre-sale of a coin on your own, I would definately suggest that you make the investment and have the samples made before you start the sale. I've seen several people selling coins based on drawings. I have 2 issues with this: 1. You can't see what the coin will really look like. 2. Several of the sales I've seen done this way took a long time. Production of a coin after approval of the art and samples is about 21 more or less. Work out production issues before you sell the coin and you should be able to deliver within a 30 day window.