Chicago Area Event

BBWolf+3Pigs

Howdy!

I will be traveling with another RI cacher out to the Chicago area April 12-14 to do some caching in IL, WI, IN and MI. I've been in contact with some of the locals in the areas we plan on visiting (MaxB, CinemaBoxers, The Herd, etc) and have received some great recommendations for caches in their respective necks of the woods (or dunes in some cases).

I would like to hold an event the night we arrive into ORD (12th), where we might be able to meet some of you local folks (meeting fellow cachers is always fun!). We get in around 7pm local time, so a dinner type event would be out. Can anyone recommend a bar/pub/tavern not *too* far from ORD where I can set up an event? Even if it is something very informal (everyone meets at location X for drinks) where no pre-arrangements with the establishment would be required (or maybe nothing more than a phone call).

Of course, if you'd rather not have an out-of-stater host it, would one of you locals like to put something together? Like I said, we both enjoying meeting fellow cachers and swapping stories. Anything you folks can assist with would be greatly appreciated. Since we have a big day on Sunday (13th) if we could do something close to ORD (15-20 minutes max) would be excellent. And if there is another event already in the planning stages, let me know, and we'll drop that idea.

Lastly, any recommendations for the southeast WI area (Kenosha area)? We will be doing a mix of settings (woods, dunes, parks, etc), so I was looking at the shore of Lake Michigan. I thought we might jut go up from CinemaBoxers geocoin-a-rama, and just drive north along the shore. Good idea? Bad Idea? Caches that are must do?

Thanks in advance for any help you can throw our way.