New! Help Please!

Hi everyone,am looking to buy gps unit to start this wonderful hobby,we found a coupe by mistake when we were on holiday in Northumberland,and looked up what it was all about,now we are hooked,looking to buy my son gps for his 11th birthday,then we can get started,am looking to spend about £100.00,any ideas? Was looking at this one on e-bay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ame=STRK:MEWA:I

Please let me know what you think and a rough idea of what i should pay or it.We cant wait to get started.

:) TomTom one from Argos is easy to use and setup look out for their special offers.

I use TomTom one all the time for road navigation, but I wouldn't use it for caching. My unit gets me to the nearest road position to the co-ords, but I think the newer TT ones actually have an off road function. However, I think the battery life is still only around 2 hours. (non-removable re-chargable)

I use an extrex venture HC, which has additional mapping. (The base maps on these things are truly abysmal.) It's great but I sometimes wish I had shelled out a bit more for a unit with a seprate storage card, as I can load the entire UK detail maps at the same time. It's not a big deal though.

Depends what you want out of the thing really. Having now being more experienced (a huge 40+ finds) I could have coped quite easily with a b&w screen and the pointer screen.

This is the one I might have bought, if you can bag one for around £100, get one.

etrex legend on ebay