Anyone experiencing "Zone Drift"?

NevadaWolf

I'm recreating a walking tour that highlights the historic district of my town. To make things easy for me, I'm simply building the zones on top of the various stops along the path (around 60 homes/buildings).

Over the last two days I've gotten around 40 of the stops created. Yesterday, however, when I reopened the cartridge, I saw under the Create by Map that my zones had moved. I checked them in the Emulator, and sure enough the zones are now northwest of their original location.

drift.jpg

The blue is the new position while the ticks show the original outline.

To my knowledge, I haven't done anything except Save, Close, and then Open again.

Help! :D

I'm recreating a walking tour that highlights the historic district of my town. To make things easy for me, I'm simply building the zones on top of the various stops along the path (around 60 homes/buildings).

Over the last two days I've gotten around 40 of the stops created. Yesterday, however, when I reopened the cartridge, I saw under the Create by Map that my zones had moved. I checked them in the Emulator, and sure enough the zones are now northwest of their original location.

drift.jpg

The blue is the new position while the ticks show the original outline.

To my knowledge, I haven't done anything except Save, Close, and then Open again.

Help! :)

Hi, there is no "zone drift" in the builder program. What I'd like to know though, how did you create the zones? Did you go out and record track points and then create the zones from the first point? It appears that the zone is created from the first point in the list which would then create a zone around that point.

David

Hi, there is no "zone drift" in the builder program. What I'd like to know though, how did you create the zones? Did you go out and record track points and then create the zones from the first point? It appears that the zone is created from the first point in the list which would then create a zone around that point.

David

Since it's been slightly rainy/snowy here, I've been creating zones online. Originally used the Create from Map option (hence the screenshot). Course, I just discovered the Edit Online option that gives a MUCH BETTER zoom into the area I'm looking at and can simply create the zones on top of the sidewalks. Google is good. :grin:

Since I'm trying funky shapes, I haven't quite puzzled out the central point and radius from that point - the rectangle never goes the way I want it to. I just click on the map where I want my corners to be - at least that's what I think I'm doing...

Since I'm trying funky shapes, I haven't quite puzzled out the central point and radius from that point - the rectangle never goes the way I want it to. I just click on the map where I want my corners to be - at least that's what I think I'm doing...

When you create a fresh zone you can indicate an address or coordinate and a zone will be created around that point.

The edit online functionality is far superior. You can take an existing point and drag it just by clicking and holding the mouse button down before dragging it. Short clicks will create additional points.