Problem with PQ "Within radius" update

AdventureRat

I have noticed this problem for quite some time, but was only recently able to identify the exact conditions that reproduce the problem. I have a test pocket query that only specifies "Countries" (Canada), "From Origin" (My Home Coordinates), and "Within radius of" (1 km). When I run this query, it displays the correct four caches in the list. Now if I edit the query and change 1 km to 2 kms, press "Submit information", and then run the query again, I get the same list of four caches instead of the ten that should be in the list. If I edit the query again, it still shows 1 km instead of 2 kms.

Now, if I change "Within" from Canada to None Selected, and then change 1 km to 2 kms, the query is updated correctly and displays the correct results when run. As I mentioned, this is a test query to simplify the number of variables involved. The actual queries that I run specify many more criteria, but none of them seem to affect the updating of the "Within radius of" value. This is more of an inconvenience than a serious problem, but it does seem to be a bug. I live right across Lake Ontario from the state of New York and am not really interested in having any New York caches returned in my PQs, hence the Canada requirement.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem, and more importantly, can someone from Groundspeak comment on this?

Thanks.

I discovered this some time ago for caches within UK (to eliminate caches in the Netherlands when using a 250 mile radius).

The workaround I use is:

:) Deselect 'countries' radio button and adjust mileage

:D Press 'submit information' button

:) Reselect country and press submit button

:) Then preview results to check what you're getting.

It's a real pain in the *ss but it works

Can you reproduce these results if you use a manually entered set of coordinates instead of the "Home Coordinates"? Home Coordinates is known to be quite buggy.

Apparently not known to quite everyone. :)

It just seems to be the "Home Coordinates" specification that causes the problem. If I use any of the other three available "From Origin" options, it works fine. Perhaps Groundspeak should have spent a few extra dollars for the quality implementation of the Home Coordinates code. :)

I suspect that no one would want to run around with a list of their faults pinned to their shirt, but perhaps it might be nice to have a pinned topic that lists known site issues that are in line to be addressed. No ETA is necessary (although that would be nice too). The awareness would just be appreciated.

Thanks.

I must be doing something wrong as I can see the queries yet only once have I received the email. After many attempts nothing has come through. This PQ set up seems very dodgy! Do I have to select the day to send or leave it blank and it sends the query straight away? Is there an instruction guide on how to use?

regards,

Dex