Installing Wherigo and Installing .NET Framework

T.R.a.M.P.

I don't know if it was the .NET install or the Wherigo but I put them on the SD card on my IPAQ rx5720 and now all the other folders on the storage card seem to have gone :anicute:

There is a single strange file the seems to be 15M in size.

Should I not have put .NET and Wherigo on the SD card?

Has anyone else seen this and is there any way to recover, or do I just have to re-install the missing files again?

Cheers,

Trevor

I don't know if it was the .NET install or the Wherigo but I put them on the SD card on my IPAQ rx5720 and now all the other folders on the storage card seem to have gone :)

Has anyone else seen this and is there any way to recover, or do I just have to re-install the missing files again?

Cheers,

Trevor

How did you put them on the SD card?

If you put the SD card into a reader, it is likely that the card got reformatted when the new files were added.

I don't know if it was the .NET install or the Wherigo but I put them on the SD card on my IPAQ rx5720 and now all the other folders on the storage card seem to have gone :)

Cheers,

Trevor

How did you put them on the SD card?

If you put the SD card into a reader, it is likely that the card got reformatted when the new files were added.

I followed the install instructions with ActiveSync running and followed the relevant prompts on the IPAQ as they occurred.

Interestingly, Wherigo still seems to start up even with the SD card missing - so it (and .NET) must have installed in main memory despite which I selected! Having said that, I still have not run the tutorial...

I really posted this as a warning of possible problems, since I only lost my Memory Map maps and a few mp3 files. I have now reformatted the SD card and copied over the missing files and all seems to be well - others may not be so fortunate!