Garmin eTrex Legend

Hey all. I am new to GC'ing and am enjoying the heck out of it. Still trying to learn the ropes but getting the hang of it.

I purchased a Garmin eTrex Legend and I am using that for starting out. I haven't found too many reviews on it and wanted to see what the pros here think of it? Is it decent for starting out? What is a more accurate GPSr for under $300? Should I just stick with this one for now?

Thanks for any feedback!

Hey all. I am new to GC'ing and am enjoying the heck out of it. Still trying to learn the ropes but getting the hang of it.

I purchased a Garmin eTrex Legend and I am using that for starting out. I haven't found too many reviews on it and wanted to see what the pros here think of it? Is it decent for starting out? What is a more accurate GPSr for under $300? Should I just stick with this one for now?

Thanks for any feedback!

There are several threads on it here in the forums. I'm sure if you do a forum search for "Garmin Etrex Legend" you will get tons of great information.

Basically, in my opinion, they tend to mention that it is a good, dependable unit and it allows for paperless caching via the data cable (in conjunction with a PDA) and, also, that the technology for that specific GPS unit is about seven years old and the receiver is not as accurate but that, overall, it is a good unit for geocaching.

Do a search for it by clicking "Search" up in the upper right hand corner of this forum page next to "Help" and "Members".

Good luck with your Legend and enjoy!!

;)

Thanks for any feedback!

I would stick with that one for awhile. I've got a Garmin e-Trex legend and haven't had any problems out of it and have been using it for almost a year.