Magellan Explorist XL Demo unit $99

A store is selling their Demo Explorist XL for $99 but it doesn't come with box or anything else. Also the screw is missing from the back and the area where the screw whould go is a little screwed up (pun intended). So I was wondering if anyone knows how much a replacement door would cost, and how difficult it is to get from magellan. I couldn't find anything on thier website, and I imagine any support requests would go unanswered until after Christmas, at which time the unit will probably be gone. Also if anyone know the Type of screw that is needed. I was thinking of picking this up just to play with for a little while to get a feel for how the magellans work. Figured at $99 I could spend another $40 bucks fixing and end up selling for $130 when I'm done playing with it.

A store is selling their Demo Explorist XL for $99 but it doesn't come with box or anything else. Also the screw is missing from the back and the area where the screw whould go is a little screwed up (pun intended). So I was wondering if anyone knows how much a replacement door would cost, and how difficult it is to get from magellan. I couldn't find anything on thier website, and I imagine any support requests would go unanswered until after Christmas, at which time the unit will probably be gone. Also if anyone know the Type of screw that is needed. I was thinking of picking this up just to play with for a little while to get a feel for how the magellans work. Figured at $99 I could spend another $40 bucks fixing and end up selling for $130 when I'm done playing with it.

Considering how Magellan's customer support has gone down the tubes lately I wouldn't risk it only to find out there was "hidden" damage that will need out of warranty service. Back when they still had passable service it took two weeks just to return my calls to set up a repair. And then I could barely understand the technician through his heavy French accent. It was not a pleasant experience being without GPSr for a month total!

Something to consider!