Best affordable Automotive GPSr for elderly lady?

SuaveGato

At the risk of getting blasted with screams of “USE The SEARCH BUTTON” I will post this anyway but with this disclaimer… I have searched some and can’t find what I’m looking for and am running out of time before Crimas! I’m just looking for someone who maybe has already done the research and doesn’t mind sharing? If that’s not you, then please just kindly move on to the next post, no need to flame me, thank you…

Here’s the quick Skinny… Looking for an automotive GPSr for my elderly mother for Crimas. Had a great deal on a Street Pilot 530 from Cabelas for $179 but they sold out, they just notified me, none left! YIKES! So I have to hurry. She is not techno-inclined so here is what I’m thinking would be good criteria for her, please add or delete if you wish?

• Big screen, for ease of viewing while driving.

• Voice prompts, so she doesn’t have to look at it much while driving, it will tell her when & where to turn etc.

• Touch screen, so she doesn’t have to fumble for buttons…

• Some kind of mount so it’s not loose on the seat etc…

• And ease of use for a 65+ year old woman… I don’t think that she will operate it while moving but can plot her destination before leaving the house or parking lot and or pull over if she needs to do any programming while on the road… she won’t even talk on her cell phone while driving. So it as to have VERY simple menu’s & features.

• She won’t need any additional features like Bluetooth, MP3 etc…

• Would also be nice if it had a battery so she could take it with her in her purse too if she wanted to?

• And up date / up load maps too. She travels to Europe occasionally but doubt she would take a big car unit? She could borrow one of my handhelds…

Now, is there anything like that for around $200 on sale anywhere? Any good deals or good sales out there?

Thanks in advance,

biGjOhn

I have heard that the nuvi200 is out there on sale for sub-$200 price.

Probably off-target but worth a mention: the tiny i3 refurb is all over eBay for around $125 shipped, including some version of CN. The screen is small but it is does have a voice that guides your nav (no street names) and a greatly simplifed interface (power, back button, clickwheel). Pocketable, microSD expandable, runs on AA batts if needed. No HS chip, just the normal.

It's baseball sized.

You can see a video of the interface here: