Web Site Down . . . Call 911

JohnTee

"He hates these cans! Stay away from the cans!"

Hmmmm, seems to be happening to any gc.com web page when I use FireFox, but IE loads without problem. I can even open pages with FireFox in an IE tab, but can't do anything with it. I can use the site with IE.

JohnTee

This is weird. I've been using the same laptop/browser/internet connection, off and on all day (what can I say, it's a slow day at work). Worked fine until about 1923 I was writing a log, which I just happened to have timed, as part of the entry. Opened another window so I could get the link to a friends profile. Page started opening, then crashed to the gc.com log and frog graphics and the message, "The page you requested is unavailable." After a little playing around with FireFox . . .

I can open other peoples profiles/hide and seek a cache site/links to particular geocaches/links to my own caches/

I can't open my getting started/profile/list of caches/find a benchmark/trackable items/resources/contact us/subscriptions page/waypoint conversions page/

Or, rather, the pages start to open, then crash to, "The page you requested is unavailable." error message.

I've logged off and logged back in.

I've shut down and restarted FireFox.

I've shut down and restarted the laptop.

It continues to work in IE with problem.

Windows XP SP2 & FireFox v2.0.0.11

JohnTee

Edited by JohnTee

Well, for the life of me, I can't think of what it might be, but it must be on my machine. I just went downstairs and logged on using another computer, same network, FireFox 2.0.0.11 and had no problem. Guess I'm going to either reinstall FireFox or uninstall and reinstall it. See if that helps.

Very strange, since I didn't DO anything (i.e., load other software, etc.) other than open a log page in one tab and 'My' page in another tab. The page, for instance, http://www.geocaching.com/my/ will start loading, but before it completes it goes to URL, http://www.geocaching.com/my/&log=y with the graphics and error message.

Time to uninstall.

JohnTee