Autorouting MetroGuide

daveinns

I may be confused on this point, but my understanding is that Metroguide will not autoroute with out altering it.

I have a 60 csx that has been autorouting for months now with an unalterd version of metroguide. Any thoughts??

IIRC, Canadian & European versions autoroute and maybe ver 4 & older.

Edited by whitecrow
I may be confused on this point, but my understanding is that Metroguide will not autoroute with out altering it.

I have a 60 csx that has been autorouting for months now with an unalterd version of metroguide. Any thoughts??

As whitecrow mentioned, unless you have ver. 4 or older Metroguide North America will not autoroute without altering it so that the autorouting data will be transferred to the GPSr.

It could be that it may appear you are autorouting on Metroguide when in reality you are autorouting on the unit's base map.

I agree with eaparks - you're probably routing off the base map. When I first got my 60CSx, I loaded MetroGuide on it, and we went on a road trip. It routed us fine on the Interstate, the US Hwy we exited onto, and the State Highway we took from that. Then it wanted us to drive the last mile cross-country rather than take the last road, 'cuz it was routing from the base map.

Downloaded MetroWizzz (and later MetroGold) and now it'll auto-route on dirt county roads if they're in there.