Need Direction

GEOJuice

I'ml ooking for the specifics about including a sponsor on my cache listing for an event... Apparently this is not allowed and I've been looking for it in the guidelines. I must have read over it and could someone please help me find it. No GPS needed

Edited by Les 4 Frogs

People are probably referring to these sections.

Commercial Caches

Commercial caches attempt to use the Geocaching.com web site cache reporting tool directly or indirectly (intentionally or non-intentionally) to solicit customers through a Geocaching.com listing. These are NOT permitted. Examples include for-profit locations that require an entrance fee, or locations that sell products or services. If the finder is required to go inside the business, interact with employees, and/or purchase a product or service, then the cache is presumed to be commercial.

Some exceptions can be made. In these situations, permission can be given by Groundspeak. However, permission should be asked first before posting. If you are in doubt, ask first. If you do not have advance permission, your reviewer will refer you to Groundspeak.

Caches that Solicit

Solicitations are off-limits. For example, caches perceived to be posted for religious, political, charitable or social agendas are not permitted. Geocaching is supposed to be a light, fun activity, not a platform for an agenda.

I had read that. I must be honest and admit I'm not much for LEGALEESE, and could not interpret in that guideline that I am NOT allowed to post a sponsor who will help, through donations of prizes, for a geocaching event which will undoubtedly attract new geocachers to the sport, thus resulting in revenue to Groundspeak...

Thank Motorcycle Mama, greatly appreciated

I'm looking for the specifics about including a sponsor on my cache listing for an event...

I've seen a few events around here with cache pahes that mentioned sponsors, so it could be that there's not a blanket ban on them, and you just need to work with your reviewer on the wording on the page to get it to an acceptable point.

Here are a couple of links to previous event caches that appear to do what you want: GCQYRE and GCX363. Maybe you could contact the owners of those events and see if you can get any tips from them.

Thanks Hermit...

I guess the issue we are having is that the reviewers are following the guidelines, they explained to us that having the local sponsor's LOGO on the cache listing goes against the guidelines AND WE FULLY SUPPORT THAT. Thus, we wish to propose a suitable and workable change to the guidelines which serve all. The reviewers would not have to arbitrarily have to dissect the event cache listing based on sponsorship, thus maximizing their time on the review processes.

As stated in the guidelines. "Groundspeak administrators and reviewers are always interested in new ideas" and we think our future proposition is a great idea which will move the sport forward while keeping its integrity and mission.

So in all... As i previously said, I cant seem to find EXACTLY where it says that you can not have sponsor listed on an event page so I can understand the LEGALEESE...

Thanks you all

Edited by Les 4 Frogs