Send to GPS

dunmappin

Perhaps I missed it on the Geocaching website, but I wish to know if there is a method for sending information to my Garmin GPSr from a collection of nearest caches - obtained by entering a zip or postcode, say - rather than having to send one set of details at a time.

I have seen that I can choose to send information from one, some, or all selected caches obtained in a similar manner in the geocaching section of Garmin's website. However, it appears that the list of nearest caches found there is not as comprehensive or up to date, perhaps.

I have successfully transferred data from single Cache Detail pages into the Geocache 'folder' on my Legend HCx.

I thank you in anticipation.

Perhaps I missed it on the Geocaching website, but I wish to know if there is a method for sending information to my Garmin GPSr from a collection of nearest caches - obtained by entering a zip or postcode, say - rather than having to send one set of details at a time.

I have seen that I can choose to send information from one, some, or all selected caches obtained in a similar manner in the geocaching section of Garmin's website. However, it appears that the list of nearest caches found there is not as comprehensive or up to date, perhaps.

I have successfully transferred data from single Cache Detail pages into the Geocache 'folder' on my Legend HCx.

I thank you in anticipation.

If you were a premium member, you could download results of pocket queries based on criteria you select.

That's right. For just $3.00 per month, or $30.00 for an entire year, you can become a Premium Member and can then create Pocket Queries. You can get up to five of those each day, each containing as many as 500 waypoints.

Using a program like GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife), you can slice and dice and filter those waypoints and then send hundreds of waypoints to your GPSr in just a few seconds.