Need help choosing a GPS

PAWINGERS

I already have a 2610 and love it but we're considering getting our son one but need help. The 2610 is a great unit but maybe you guys would suggest something else. I definitely want Garmin and the GPS has to accept waypoint such as geocaches. The 2720 looks nice because they already have the maps loaded. The smaller units look great but my question is, can you download waypoints such as caches like I do on the 2610? What would we be giving up on the C330 and the C340 type GPS's that we have with the 2610? I guess I need your input.

Thanks in advance :laughing:

instead of those touchscreen units geared more towards automotive use....why dont you move more towards a handheld like the Vista HCX? That unit will accept everything "garmin" you can throw at it. Plus it is more geared somewhat specifically towards geocaching and outdoor use, has the additional mapping for automotive as well.

Edited by gratefulHIKE

instead of those touchscreen units geared more towards automotive use....why dont you move more towards a handheld like the Vista HCX? That unit will accept everything "garmin" you can throw at it. Plus it is more geared somewhat specifically towards geocaching and outdoor use, has the additional mapping for automotive as well.

No, we already have handhelds (60Cx). We're looking for strictly an automotive GPS.

Does the 2610 support stored routes? And multiple waypoints in those routes? The SP 330 and 340 don't. In fact, none of the models in that series do.

Also, the 330 and 340 don't present themselves as a USB Mass Storage Device when connected to the computer so you can't manipulate the files on the unit.

You can, however, download waypoints to them.

The 2720 is a good unit but is/has been discontinues so the technology is slightly outdated.

You might want to look at the nuvi 350 or if you need/want routes then the nuvi 750.