Missing bug - Now what?

TomTech

Hi all,

I released my first 2 bugs a few months ago. One went great guns, and the other got stolen after a short time. After extensive inquires to those who saw it in the cache last, I've listed it as "missing." My question: can I use the "copy" of the bug tag to send out another bug? I see that it's possible to edit the listing to the point where it is a "new" TB. What do most folks do in this situation?

Thanks, TomTech

Well the thing is, I don't think your bugs been missing long enough to start thinking about replacing it. Had it been confirmed lost such as a muggled cache, fire or flood then yes you can re-release it immediately. A bug just not in the cache I usually recommend waiting at least a year. Bugs do resurface and you don't want two out in circulation using the same tracking number.

About re-releasing; you can use the copy tag or create a tag of your own. If you wish, you can change the name of the bug, the goal and description and whatever traveler you want to attach. Just don't delete the logs of the people who did help move your bug along as it will remove their found it stat.

edit: to/two

Edited by BlueDeuce

It's well established fact in the World of Geocaching that activating a TB imbues it with some special powers, one of which is the ability to teleport. TPTB have not yet given a definitive statement on exactly how they are able to do this, but various theories involving wormholes in the space-time continuum and electro-magnetic influences from near-by electricity cables are possible explanations. Another rather less interesting theory states that they are picked up by "newbie" cachers who don't understand exactly what has to be done, so they drop the TB into the Dark Hole of their rucksack and promptly forget all about until they are next inspired to go caching six months later.

Don't give up hope. Mr Happy Massager may surprise you yet.

MrsB

P.S. I'll keep an eye out for him in the centre of our local standing stone circle, just in case he's using leylines for guidance. :P

This illustrates why when it is thought to be sitting in one cache it shows up in another without any indication of being picked up.

27632.JPG

<_<

Yep, that's a good diagramatic illustration of one of the ultramarine blue mouth wormholes they use.

Thanks for your input guys. I'll just hang out a while longer to see if it emerges from the wormhole on our planet.

Tom Tech :(

what do you do when you have started a cache and find that have several people have signed in the log book and you had a TB in cache and it isn't logged as to where the TB went or by whom it went with. :huh: I am fairly new to this game and would like some help. Thank you for any help or ideas you can give a newbie.

Edited by anterose