Trackables' "Old Map" broken

moop

I get the following error when clicking on the "Old Map" link of a Travel Bug Map page.

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'

Include file not found

/map/bugtrack.asp, line 13

The include file '../includes/global_variables_bridge.asp' was not found.

I like the old map because it displayed a bug's progress in one view. If this feature is being abandoned then the link should be removed.

I'm glad that I used the search here before posting this problem again.... I just noticed it myself.

I saw some talk in another thread that indicated Jeremy (& crew!!!) were consolidating onto Google Maps for everything coming soon and that the old maps of all stripes were going to disappear.

It looks like the GeoMicro maps are still what are used for Trackable/Travel Bug's maps for now. But those are limited to a 20mi fixed scale (at least for the TB I wanted to look at today), and you only have the option to pan around.

I, too miss looking at the old maps that showed your traveler crisscrossing the country or the world in long straight lines. :-( It's just not the same to see a collection of squares.

REQUEST

Please bring back some kind of Trackable's map that shows cache-to-cache travel patterns. ;)

Yes... I agree! Bring back the old maps. I like to see the TBs entire travels on ONE map. I don't want to have to scroll through 30 maps to see where a bug has been. (And don't bring it back and say that it's only available to premium members!)This change was step backward, not an upgrade. Who at Grounspeak should I complain to?